Saturday, March 29, 2014

New Beginnings

So, I arrived in Daegu, South Korea in the afternoon of March 17th after three flights and a bus ride that took me from Niceville to Houston, Beijing, and Seoul before arriving in Daegu.

I started work the next day and so far I'm really enjoying my job.  I work 1pm-9pm, like my first job, and everything from the students to my fellow staff is very nice.

My first weekend back MY and I went in search of furniture and we're still waiting on bed.  Once the apartment is finished we'll make a video and I'll put it up.  MY did a good job picking out an apartment.  It's in a great location and is very nice with no hints of mold.  Just to test the moisture of the air he left an apple core out overnight and it dried up, which is a good sign.

So everything has been proceeding quietly and it's currently a rain Spring Saturday in South Korea.  MY is out meeting with his group to go over a project for Monday and I'm about to dive into some more of my Master's work.  But, before that, I'd like to share what happened last night.

For the past two weeks MY's been meeting me at the bus stop when I get off the bus to come home.  Last night he told me he couldn't because he had to find something for his project.  Now, I was a little suspicious, but shrugged it off since he's typically a very honest fellow and I haven't even been back in Korea for a full two weeks yet.  So, while we've discussed our future, I didn't expect him to do this so quickly.  I didn't even notice him extracting my favorite color of roses from me a few days ago.

Needless to say, I was very surprised when I opened the front door to find the lights off and this on the floor:
With him standing in a suite with a dozen pink roses between the candles and this wall:
There was a romantic song in the background and when I walked over to him, he started reading me a really sweet and romantic letter he had written before going down on one knee and presenting me with this:
He'd also prepared wine with cheese, fruit, and crackers for afterwards.  Then he cooked us some samgyupsal (uncured bacon).
Oh, needless to say, I said yes.

Note: All pictures were taken after the proposal was concluded and I'd had time to dry my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I sincerely wish the best for you both!!

    ReplyDelete