Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Rainy Saturday

So the day after MY came with the cake we spent the day relaxing.

We went to the grocery store and bought water and an amazingly delicious watermelon:

My cutting board is a little small...
The awesome watermelon carrier .
Then we chilled in my apartment as the rain started to fall.  We drank soda, ate the Parmesan goldfish that Kay-Kay sent me and the watermelon while we played Starcraft.

Then I cooked us 킴치 볶음밥 (Kimchi Fried Rice) for dinner and we played another game of Starcraft.  At about 2100 we left my apartment and caught a bus downtown.

There we wandered around until I finally located one of the foreigner bars, O'Brians.  We went there, had a beer, and played some pool.  There were some creepy Thai guys there that didn't seem to realize I was there with MY and so wasn't going to flirt with them.  Finally they left when MY told them I was with him.

Then we walked through the pouring rain and the river that used to be a street to IP's, the other main foreigner bar.  There We got another beer and chatted.  A guy I meet by randomly finding his blog (seriously, I wasn't looking for blogs on Changwon), who had just arrived in Changwon and was still in serious lost culture shock ended up meeting us there and had a beer with us while we chatted.

JD is super awesome.  He's another Florida kid and didn't even come over with a winter coat...he's going to freeze this winter, he's already worried..

At about 0130 we went outside and ate 오뎅 (fish cakes) dipped in soy sauce from a street vendor as the rain fell outside of his covered cart.  There's nothing quite like that.  It's amazing.

We all took a taxi back to Ceco, where MY and I got out while JD continued on to his own apartment.  Walking back we decided to get ice cream from a 24 hour convenience store.  We finally reach my apartment at a little after 0200.

It was an awesome evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment