Thursday, April 19, 2012

Flowers of Spring

So the season here in Korealand is spring.  And, as with most places in springtime, the flowers have been in full bloom.

The world has gone from shades of gray to a virtual rainbow almost overnight.  Everywhere you look there are roses, cherry blossoms, azaleas, daffodils, tulips, and assorted other flowers I don't know the name of.

On the weekend of April 7-8 MY and I went to one of the sister cities of Changwon, Jinhae, to see the Cherry Blossom Festival.

The thing is, we never actually made it to the festival, and we ended up going by ourselves, which wasn't the original plan.  Originally it was going to be us, Casey, Jessie, Jessie's husband, Claire, and Claire's boyfriend.  Things worked against this though since Claire got sick and then Jessie and her husband had to go to a family event.  Casey opted out since he didn't want to be a third wheel and had gone the week before with some people (I originally planned to go, but after being sick I knew I couldn't handle the 2h hike as part of that excursion).  We never actually made it to the festival because of traffic and the fact that it was on the opposite side of Jinhae.

MY and I ended up catching the 752 from Sangnam-do (downtown Changwon), after eating a delicious lunch at Cafe Lemon Table and getting my phone fixed after it took a little bath in the washing machine.  The bus was SUPER crowded, but MY and I managed to snag seats, even though there was barely enough room to stand.  I fell asleep, but woke up when I heard them announce our stop (good thing, too, since I hadn't told MY which stop was ours, oops...).

From the stop we walked about a mile or two down to some train tracks that are surrounded by cherry trees.  While there we took lots of pictures, ate cotton candy, and proceeded to act like little kids playing on the train tracks.  We weren't the only ones doing that, though.

So pretty....
Crowded, but beautiful
So pretty...
MY and me
Almost candid shot of me
MY in a last second pose
Classic shot
It was one of the most beautiful days I've seen here yet.

The next day I was walking back from the bus terminal (it was too pretty to ride a bike or bus) and I took the chance to take some more pictures of flowers.

I also took some pictures for a couple.  They were taking pictures under the cherry trees in front of the hospital.

That weekend was definitely the most beautiful one yet.

Pansys?
Tulips
Something purple...

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Winter is moody and nice and quiet BUT it gets drab and boring.

    Stop playing on the train tracks.

    ReplyDelete