Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring is in the Air

Well, March has arrived.

I greeted it by having a lovely day off from work where I did almost nothing productive.

Today is Independence Movement Day (Also known as Declaration Day) here in Korealand.  It's a day to remember a rebellion against the Japanese.  It wasn't an entirely successful rebellion though.  The Japanese were still around afterwards, but they did change some of their policies.

Unlike Independence Day in the US of A there are no picnics, barbecues, or fireworks.  Instead people just put out their Korean flag and enjoy a day off.  At least that's what I observed and what Claire and Jesse told me.

And I throughly enjoyed my day off, though I do wish it had been on a Friday.  I slept in a bit and then ate breakfast while chatting with my sister on Skype and watching Cardcaptor Sakura with her.

After that I went on a lovely walk.  Today was gorgeous, I got away with just wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a light jacket for the first time in months.  Then when I came back home I opened all my windows and just enjoyed the fresh air until the sun set and it got chilly again.

Chatted with MY on Skype for about an hour after my walk.  Then I made some rice and ate it with some of the Korean side dishes I made a little while ago.

After the yummy meal I started playing a 'new' game I downloaded using Steam.  It's quite addicting, but luckily not too addicting.

So, that was yesterday in a nutshell.  I meant to do some more productive things, but it just didn't happen.  I figure I can paint my nails tomorrow night and as for the writing, I was just too lazy to do more than think about what to write.

So, spring is in the air, my heater is off, and as much as I love the winter, I love the spring and fall more.

Have a good day!

I promise I'll do an entry on the Korean side dishes I made - they're so yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment