Monday, December 19, 2011

Kim Jong-Il - 김정일

To those of you that don't watch the news or see my posts in Facebook:

Kim Jong-Il, the former President of North Korea, is dead.

There are articles all over the place about it now, but when my phone beeped at a little after 1200 and my CNN International App was telling me he was dead there was nothing yet.  He died on Saturday, but North Korea kept it a secret until now.

A lot of people are wondering what's going to happen and South Korea's military has gone on alert.  I'm sure the US military stationed here is also on alert.

No one knows what his successor, Kim Jong-Eun - 김정은, will do.  Some Koreans appear concerned, but others just shrug and go about their day.  I want to remind you that I'm about as far south as I can get while staying in Korealand.

I'll keep y'all posted and we'll just see what happens over the next couple of months.
Casey and I both agree that the crying in the video in the second BBC article doesn't seem very real.  I'm sure many of them are crying for fear of what would happen if they don't seem sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment