Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

The grand old year of 2011 ends in about six hours for me.

It's been an interesting year, to say the least.  There have been some high points and some low points, but I guess it about evens out.

Positive:

  • My student teaching
  • Graduating
  • Coming to Korea
  • All the awesome people I've gotten to know
    • From Publix this summer:
      • Barbara
      • Olena
      • Natalaia
      • Christian
      • Slade
    • Here in Korealand: (order of meeting)
      • Esther
      • Donald
      • Casey
      • Jesse
      • Claire
      • Sophie
      • My Students
      • SK
      • Michael B
      • MY
  • My good health
  • Meeting someone special
Negatives:
  • My mother's passing away
  • Derrick's cancer
Mixed:
  • The breakup - I'm glad it happened, but it still hurt to end a long-term relationship.  Since I've now learned he reads this blog occasionally I want him to know that I hope both of us have a much better year and that our lives get better every day.  Even if he did send me a really nasty message just to make himself feel better.  I hope he eventually finds someone.
The positives outnumber the negatives, but the negatives are so much worse than the positives that they ultimately balance out.  Add that to the mixed group and 2011 comes out to be a nice shade of gray.  Hopefully 2012 will be much better.

I suppose what comes next is the New Year's Resolutions.  In previous years I haven't really made any, choosing to not make promises I can't keep, but, since I've already started working on these it can't hurt to continue them.

So, New Year's Resolutions:
  • Continue to save over half of my paycheck every month.  
  • Keep experiencing new things
  • Surround myself with people that make me happy and who I make happy in return
  • Work at becoming a better teacher
  • Continue to exercise and get in better shape.
  • Become a better person every day
I know these resolutions aren't very detailed, but I'm not good at keeping detailed goals, so this is better.  As long as I keep these things in mind I should be able to fulfill them.

I hope everyone else has an amazing New Year's Eve and New Year's Day!

Random:  The year of 2011 is about thirteen hours shorter for me because I'm ending it on a different continent from where I began it.  Isn't that amusing?

No comments:

Post a Comment