Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

My plane takes off in about eight and a half hours. The next time I
post on here I'll be in the Land of Kimchi.

I'm really excited, but also a bit sad and nervous. I've never been
this far away on my own before and I'm really going to miss my family
and friends.

I hugged my dad and sister goodbye not too long ago and I'm really
missing them already. The only people I'm not missing so far are my
grandparents, probably because they're on the other side of the house.

I did get the information on what to do in Seoul. I'll be arriving
three hours before the other Native English teacher at my school,
Casey, he's flying in from California.

The two of us will meet up and take a bus together to Changwon.
That's about five hours or so. Then we'll be met at the bus station
by someone from the school and taken to a motel or our apartments,
depending on if the previous teachers have left yet. It's more likely
that we'll be at a hotel.

Well, I suppose I should sleep now...it's going to be a very long two
days. I won't be in Changwon until about 1am on Thursday. That's in
Korean time, which is 14h ahead of Central Time.

Here's to a new beginning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment